Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Relationship Reflection

There are many relationships that I have encountered in my life and they all have been for the betterment of myself. As the saying goes everyone comes in your life for a season, and the ones who mean the most seasons last a lifetime. Relationships are important to me because everyone needs someone in their life who they can strongly depend on and to help them develop both spiritually, mentally, socially/emotionally, physically, and financially. Relationships also help to keep you focused and grounded when you don't know what else to do, and this is why I value relationships so much.



The above people from left to right are my family and I, my cousin LaKisha, and my mom and daughter. These are just to name a few people that I have very close relationships with and I value them very much. Not pictured is my best friend Lydia and of GOD! These are just to name a few other relationships that I value very much and hold dear to my heart, as well as my church family. All the relationships previously named are positive because they build me up when needed, and when wrong the chatise me and lead in the direction in which I need to be. They do not mind telling it as it is, and this is what I value the most. Although it hurts, but it is worth it because it make me a better wife, mother, daughter cousin, and friend.

Special characteristics in these relationships that eventually led to partnerships was that I was looking for people who were fun, loving, caring, and did not mind telling it like it is. My mom and my cousin are family so I was born into that partnership. Some people are not blessed to have such relationships with their mom, and I do it admit it does get hard, especially when their right and you know their right, but you hate to admit, but in the end it is all love and she just want what is best for her one and only. Me and my cousin LaKisha have the next best relationship, besides my husband of course. We are twin cousins who are born on the same day 5 hours apart. She does not sugarcoat anything and this is what I love about her. My husband triumphs all because he has the words for every thing. When I'm down, he knows how to bring me up, and when things are going good we rejoice together. He does all he can for the family and I, and this is why I love him so much. The best relationship of all, and the one that means the ultimate most is the one that I have with God. He always comes through. He has lessons for everything in life. He understands all, and knows exactly what to do, when to do it, and how it should be done. He is the ultimate relationship and partnership that I value the most.


8 comments:

  1. Thank you for your post Chanelle and sharing some insight of your current relationships. I love how you mention that you were born into the partnership with your family. That is very true. Some are not fortunate enough to have these important people in their lives!! We are definitely blessed with the best <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Ma'am we are, and this is why I thank God for such blessings daily.

      Delete
  2. Family members and true friends don't mind telling you the truth! As hard as it may be to hear, they only want the best for us. But if we didn't listen, we learned a lesson from those mistakes and moved on. It is so important to have positive relationships and role models not only for ourselves but also for our children to look up to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, and all these people mean the world to me and my kids and more.

      Delete
  3. Hello again Chanelle :)

    First and foremost, loved reading your blog as usual. I enjiyed reading about your family and how special they are to you. The photo with your mother and daughter are especially beautiful because it shows a generation of female excellence and mentorship within your family.

    Girl, when you spoke about how important it is to have a relationship with GOD, I almoat hollered. Yes indeed. Having a relationship AND partnership with GOD is a phenomenal thing to have as it reinforces your faith, courage, and determination. I love how you emphasiZes having a partnership because most don't consider it a give and take relationship with GOD. We have to be willing to put in work as he dies for our daily livelihood.

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chanelle
    Your you have a very lovely family. I not only enjoyed reading your post, but enjoyed your family photos. You mentioned that you were born into a partnership with your family and you also noted the importance of your relationship with God, this was truly profound. Your relationships with your family and what they all mean to you is truly special. I love seeing the picture of your mother and daughter, you are truly blessed to have such a loving family. My mother passed away when my daughter was four, and my son never had the prividelege of meeting her, but knows all about her from the stories and shared experiences we've shared with him. In my family we have this saying "you can chose your friends, but you are born into your family, and while friendships may be transistory, your family is your family for life.
    Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, your family is beautiful and yes relationships are very important. The teach you so many things how to love, bond, and understand others feelings. I know that people all are not fortunate to have positive families and build positive relationships. That's why I am always willing to be their for anyone you never know who you are helping just by listening. Great Post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello,
    I enjoyed your post. I think family is the most essential part of life. Friends are hard to come by, because you never know who's really there for you. But family will always be there no what the situation.

    ReplyDelete

Time Well Spent

TIME WELL SPENT   The top three things that I learned from the program and what stuck with me the most is the importance of being ant...