Search This Blog

Saturday, August 25, 2018

Time Well Spent

TIME WELL SPENT

 
The top three things that I learned from the program and what stuck with me the most is the importance of being anti-bias, the positive effects of being anti-bias, and the benefits to being anti-bias. The importance of being anti-bias and how much it affects our families was one of the take-aways from this course. If we are not anti-bias, but work in education are we truly in the right field. Another deeply felt learning is the different programs both nationally and internationally that help both children and their families on becoming successful beings in society. When all the education organizations work together, we are able to pull through and make a difference. The last  deep learning was about the leadership styles. As a leader, you want to make sure you are doing things that will get the job done, no matter what anyone thinks it is about doing what is best for the children and their families. 

A few long-term goals that I have are to eventually move from being a school teacher, but to a position such a an parent involvement coordinator where I am hands-on with families and students as well. I love working with children, but when I can found a job that allows me to work with both children and families, that will be an accomplishment. Another goal that I have is to one day be apart of the Board of Education. I want to be that educator who is out in the schools but at the same time can voice my opinions on what is good and not so good for the schools. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Time Well Spent

TIME WELL SPENT   The top three things that I learned from the program and what stuck with me the most is the importance of being ant...