Search This Blog

Friday, November 10, 2017

My Family Culture

My Family Culture 
Image result for picture of a black family with a dog


Image result for black family traditions
The images above are snippets of my family culture. 

    If I were told that I had to permanently leave my home country the three items that I will bring with me to cherish my family culture would be family portraits to cherish the memories, our family pet because in our American culture, pets are treated as people and we love them as we would our own kids. Lastly I would bring my family recipes so that I am able to keep the traditions alive as if I were home. 
    I would explain to others what the traditions mean to me by inviting them over to get to know my culture and also to give them experience through food, and singing. I would also show them through pictures how my family does things in our culture.
    If I were told that I am able to keep only one of my three items I would choose to keep my pictures. Once lost they can never be replaces, especially those that hold values and traditions. All other can be replaced, but not pictures, especially those that are near and dear to your heart. 
   The insight that I have learned is to be respectful of others and their differences. Put yourself out there to want to learn about others family culture so that you can understand and learn from it. Because this is what will help you when working with those families. 

pics are from google.com/blackfamilyculture

No comments:

Post a Comment

Time Well Spent

TIME WELL SPENT   The top three things that I learned from the program and what stuck with me the most is the importance of being ant...