Search This Blog

Saturday, January 20, 2018

Communication Assumptions

Communication Assumptions-Grey's Anatomy


The TV show that I chose to watch was Grey's Anatomy. I have heard a lot of people on my social media speak about how great the show is and the excitement that goes on in the episodes, so I decided to take a look. I watched the first minute of the show in silence and thought that the characters were all friends and happy with one another. I also thought that they all got along, and crying to one another due to a case or patient that might have affected them. During the nonverbal behavior, I could see that there was some anger between characters as well as sadness in the conversations that were being discussed. 

After turning on the volume, I could see that my assumptions were somewhat right. There was anger and sadness, but not how I imagined it. One of the doctors was yelling at another doctor that I thought was a student, but she was actually a doctor, and the doctor who was overly emotional with her friend was actually overemotional with her lover. These both took me by surprise because I knew once I turned up the volume, I would be right. If I was watching a show that I watch on a regular, I would have definitely had all the answers because I am familiar with the show and know all about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Time Well Spent

TIME WELL SPENT   The top three things that I learned from the program and what stuck with me the most is the importance of being ant...