Search This Blog

Friday, June 29, 2018

Impacts on Early Emotional Development




This course has really brought out the inner feelings that I have hidden when it comes to certain biases, but it has also given me a cure to overcoming them. This is my hope for the future, to continue to overcome the challenges that I will face regarding biases. I have learned that although I may not agree with their views or decisions, I must still respect their children and families. This past school term, I was encountered with a same-sex family, but this did not stop me from treating the child like all the others, nor did it hinder me from teaching their child to the best of my ability.

The hope that I have for my families, both current and future, are that they see that I am an anti-bias teacher who loves to work with children no matter their race, abilities, or family structures, I will always be there for them to ensure that they receive the education, attention, love, and care needed to have a successful year. In order for the child to succeed, the family must also be in a position to help them succeed. So not only will the child be my priority, but the family as a whole.

I will like to thank my cohorts for all the encouraging words as well as the criticisms, because they have helped me to see ideas from different perspectives of life. So again, thank you and I wish you all the best in the LAST course of this program!!! WE DID IT:) 

2 comments:

  1. Chanelle,
    Great job in your most recent term in working with a family that may have personally challenged you. The tools and resources that we have been gaining in the course and the previous courses will continue to help us succeed in creating an anti-bias program. Making the family and not just the child a priority for success is such a great way to focus your attention, I think all educators should take a step back and look to see how they can help each family as well. Thank you and best of luck in our last course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chanelle,
    You have provided some great insight throughout our course. I think understanding personal biases is a critical part of working with children because we need to encourage them to recognize these. Good luck with your future course!

    ReplyDelete

Time Well Spent

TIME WELL SPENT   The top three things that I learned from the program and what stuck with me the most is the importance of being ant...