Search This Blog

Saturday, February 10, 2018

Conflict Resolution

Conflict Resolution

There was a situation that arised at work a few weeks ago which lead to me and another coworker having disagreements about the matter. It went as far as the teacher walking out of the classroom on me and leaving me alone with the kids. The supervisor was not there at the time to resolve the conflict so it was left to us to do so on our own, which of course did not end well. If we both would have used a more NVC approach such as empathetic listening it would not have been so much of a big conflict. Another approach would have been that we both quit trying to out talk one another and listen carefully we could have came to an agreement to agree to disagree and left it at that. The following Monday, she came to school and apologized to me and me to her for we both were wrong and we realized that things got carried away way to fast and we could have just agreed to disagree. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Time Well Spent

TIME WELL SPENT   The top three things that I learned from the program and what stuck with me the most is the importance of being ant...