Search This Blog

Sunday, February 4, 2018

I as a Communicator

When I reviewed my results and the results of others, nothing really surprised me, but what did surprise me is that we all agreed that I am a good listener. The reason that this was a shocker, because I did not think that my husband would rate me as a good listener being that he always says that I never listen to him. Learning about my different aspects of communications, my strong points and weak points, it helped me to learn where I need to be at both professionally and personally with my communication skills so that I can help my families and children. 

The two insights that I learned this week came from the listening style assessment and communication anxiety assessment. I have learned that I am a good listener who puts to much trust in others, which does not always mean that I will get the same in return. This makes more conscious of who I should trust to protect myself. The communication anxiety assessment enlightened me on the importance of being confident around children, families, and colleagues so that they can trust me. 




Rubin, R. B., Palmgreen, P., & Sypher, H. E. (Eds.) (2009). Communication research measures: A sourcebook. New York: Routledge.

Rubin, R. B., Rubin, A. M., Graham, E. E., Perse, E. M., & Seibold, D. R. (Eds.) (2009). Communication research measures II: A sourcebook. New York: Routledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Time Well Spent

TIME WELL SPENT   The top three things that I learned from the program and what stuck with me the most is the importance of being ant...