Search This Blog

Friday, July 14, 2017

Sharing Web Sources

The National Black Child Development Institute



The organization that I selected was the National Black Child Development Institute or NBCDI. The link is as followed https://www.nbcdi.org/ and the focus of this organization is to improve and advance the quality of life for Black children and their families through education and advocacy (NBCDI, 2017).

The trend that caught my attention is the National Black Child Development week. This caught my attention because it is the week that the Black child can be recognized and made to feel respected. Not only is the child being recognized but so is the family as well because the week is focused upon helping the families to reclaim and reframe their resilience, assets, and strengths. 

The most important aspect that I love the most about NBCDI is that they are not only open to helping Black families but all others as well. They are not a selfish organization that is only focused upon the black families,  but other minorities too. This is what really brought them to my attention, along with their mission. 



Resources
https://www.nbcdi.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Time Well Spent

TIME WELL SPENT   The top three things that I learned from the program and what stuck with me the most is the importance of being ant...