Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Professional Goals, Hopes and Dreams

Professional Goals, Hopes, and Dreams



What issues regarding quality and early childhood professionals are being discussed where you live and work?

      Where I live, the issues being discussed regarding quality is that the professionals do their job in a proper manner in which is pleasing to the parents.  Some professionals could care less of the feelings of the child and/or parents and this issue affects the quality of the professionals and the work that they produce. Where I work, the issues being discussed are privacy and how it effects the confidentiality of families. When we as early childhood professionals talk among ourselves, or tell parents information regarding other children and professionals, it weakens the quality of the professional field. This is why it is important that early childhood professionals, we keep information regarding our families confidential because we never know who is listening and who knows who.

What opportunities and/or requirements for professional development exist?
         When a professional practices professional development, it leads to them giving their very best to that child and their family. We early childhood teachers conduct themselves in a professional manner, it allows for other to see your glow and doors become opened that you never knew existed.

What are some of your professional goals?
       My professional goals consist of becoming employed with the states "Bright From the Start" program in which they manage all Pre-K over Georgia and the Quality Rated accreditation program. Working with Bright From the Start is a goal because it means that I am able to give back to the programs in which I currently work and help them become more developed to help those in low-income families and prepare them for Kindergarten. If I am not able to become employed with "Bright From the Start" my next choice will be a program in Georgia called Babies Can't Wait, where they work with children who are developmentally delayed. They work in the homes of their clients and help them accomplish developmental milestones that they have not yet mastered. Both programs are beneficial to the development of children in order for them to be successful and ready for preschool and kindergarten.

What are some of your professional hopes, dreams, and challenges?
     The challenge that I can see right now is not be able to reach my potential because of experience, but my hopes and dreams are that someone would take into consideration all that I have accomplished thus far, which is more than most my age have. Although I may not have been on jobs long, I still learned a lot from all of my experiences, which can help to take me a long way in my future endeavors.



Walden University M.S. in Early Childhood Studies

Criteria for Blog Assignments


Quality of Work Submitted

Work reflects graduate-level critical, analytical thinking.
Satisfactory


Unsatisfactory

Adherence to Assignment Expectations

The extent to which work meets the assigned criteria.
Assignment meets expectations

All key components are included

Does not fulfill the expectations of the assignment.

Key components are not included.


Final Assignment Grade

15%

0%
It is expected that all blog assignments will be submitted according to the assignment due dates indicated. Exceptions may be made at the discretion of the faculty member if contacted by the student prior to the due date describing extenuating circumstances.
Satisfactory = 4 points/Unsatisfactory = 0 points


No comments:

Post a Comment

Time Well Spent

TIME WELL SPENT   The top three things that I learned from the program and what stuck with me the most is the importance of being ant...